CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 2, 2009

Birthday

So...it's my 14th birthday. It snowed. It's superb. I wish I had a camera. :/
My Mom is in the kitchen making me a cheese bagel (my favorite) with an egg, two of my older sisters are in the dining room making me cards (they told me they were), my two younger siblings are outside running around in the snow...despite David's cold...hold on...gotta go eat my bagel!
...(oh my word!!!!! thank you, Lord for that amazing bagel!)
'Twas amazing! So, where was I? Oh! I remember! Mikayla and David just came in for breakfast, and I'm listening to the best Broadway showtunes! I ADORE showtunes!
So...basically...thank you Lord for a perfect birthday!
Love you all and have a wonderfully blessed day!
In Christ LONE,
Savannah
P.S. I'm gonna post a story I wrote last time it snowed (in January) so tell me what you think! :D

Perfection

I watch my feet walk through a fresh, crisp quilt of snow. I can feel the sting of the powder melt through my layers of my shoes. I listen for the soft crunch of snow collapsing under my weight. A cold wind cuts through the knit-holes of my mittens. I zip my thick, snowy-white coat all the way to the top and put my hands in the soft pockets. The ice that had attached to my jeans is now melted through onto my ankles, dragging a tingling sensation up into my leg. The snowflakes caught on my eyelashes now melt down onto my eyelids. My lips burn in the fragrant wind.
Now I approach the center of the field. I look up and slowly pull off my sunglasses, speechless.
A hot tear dances down my face, burning with intensity and leaving my cheek vulnerable to the icy blades of wind. The glittering array displayed before me is extraordinarily, incandescently and indescribably breathtaking.
Perfection.

0 comments: